Friday, December 02, 2005

Dear Santa... Or To Whomever It May Concern

Dear Friends and Family,

I thought, since the Holidays are among us, it was good idea to post my Christmas list, just in case anyone was out there wondering what on earth they would buy for dear old moi. Not that I deserve anything, but I figured this was a whole lot easier than saying "Um... Uh... You don't need to get me anything" on the phone with relatives and friends asking me what I really, truly, wanted. But I also thought this was an opportune time to poke some fun at myself.

After all, this is a rather uncouth thing to be doing... Emily Posts of the world, turn your heads...

To make it easier for you shoppers out there, I split the list into types, depending on the type of gift-giver you are...

Home:
Decorating my beautiful new apartment is my newest obsession...

1. A Bookcase
Measuring approx. 48" in length, 48" in height, and 12" in depth
(Well... I thought I'd ask, because you never know... It never hurts to ask)

2. Glass Vases, etc.
I'm attempting to collect Blue, Green, and Red glass
(Friends on the other side of the country? Ignore this one)

3.
Gift Certificates
Pottery Barn
(Ha ha, yeah right)
Target
Home Goods
Etc.

My Personal Appearance:
Not that it needs any improvement... I'm not asking for any clothes this year, because it's embarrassing when someone gives you clothes that are too big for you, and you smile, but really, your thinking, 'oh my gosh, this person thinks I'm FAT!' And I don't feel like posting my measurements... Enough said...

1. Anything from J. Crew (Please... Anything... A pair of socks... ANYTHING... ... PLEASE!?!)

2. I always accept shoes (7 - 7 1/2), or coats (size 2 in Women's, size 4 in other stores, i.e. H&M)

3.
Gift Certificates
J.Crew
(PLEASE????????)
Target
H&M
Gap
Barneys (Ha ha, just checking)

4. OH, and this:















It's from Rampage... You can get it online at www.rampage.com... It's on sale... HURRY... Before they're all gone... Size Medium (darn these stores and their Junior's sizes)

Entertainment:
For all those people who just go buy a CD for someone and are done with it...


1.
Magazine Subscriptions
Marie Claire
Esquire
Architectural Digest

2.
Gift Certificates
iTunes
(Because I'm one of those good citizens that still PAYS for music)
Target
Barnes & Noble

3.
A new Landmark Trust Handbook
(Mine mysteriously disappeared a few years ago... I literally cried... Visit www.landmarktrust.org.uk and look under 'The Handbook'... Unfortunately you have to send away to England for it, you can't buy it online, but I will love you forever if you get it for me... Unless of course you have mine that disappeared... In that case, FORK IT OVER!)

OTHER:
This is anything else... duh...


1. Gift Certificates
Starbucks

Oh... That's it... Nevermind then...

If I remember anything else, I'll post it, SO DON'T FORGET TO DUTIFULLY CHECK BACK AT LEAST EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Thanks!

With love and all that good Holiday cheer stuff,
Brinna

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brinna,
That's a good Christmas list! I mean I already got you something but I enjoyed reading it all the same. By the way, does Santa shop at J Crew? That'd be cool!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Great idea!

But where is Santa visiting you this year? At your Mummy and Poppy's house or...?

Just think that Santa needs to know... :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger Brinna said...

Yes I'm planning on being at your house Christmas Eve... Of course!

Santa doesn't need to get me anything though... Save some money for the children and the... uh... 17 year olds.

Well... Ok... I'll accept some candy...

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when I made a web page birthday wish list a few years ago. I didn't know other people did that! It was complete with links and pictures for everything, and if I couldn't find a picture then I drew one Microsoft Paint. I even drew a picture of an Old Navy gift certificate. That list is still on the internet somewhere. I wish I could remember where. Funny times.

Fun list, Brinna. I love Christmas! You know what Christmas gift I really like? That angel card you painted me. And I still have my Looney Toons socks from like 1994. Wow, that year keeps coming up in your blog, doesn't it?

11:49 PM  
Blogger Brinna said...

Yes, that year must mean something... Hmmmmmm...? I wish you knew where that old web page is, I would love to see it! Hee hee hee!

And, Dad, good for you!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Brinna said...

I believe that's 'GIT-r-done', honey...

Oh... and by the way... European...

10:19 AM  
Blogger Brinna said...

THANK GOODNESS!!!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home